The Journey Home:
The Last Leg Depends On You.
It’s a new day for animals in Indianapolis and the people who love them. Because Indianapolis Animal Care Services (IACS) is getting a brand-new, state-of-the-art home!
This new shelter is sorely needed. IACS’s current shelter is more than 30 years old. It’s outdated and cramped—built for a time when most animals were held for a couple of days before being put down—and unequipped to meet our community’s compassionate goals for animal welfare.
Friends of Indy Animals’ created the Journey Home capital campaign and pledged to raise $7 million to support the city’s efforts to build the new shelter. So far, over 80 individuals, foundations, and corporations have contributed over $6.7 million.
Now we need your help to finish the journey.
Building An Amazing New Shelter
The new IACS shelter will be located on Indy’s east side and will do more than simply hold homeless animals. It will improve the health and well-being of not only animals in IACS’s care, but also the staff and volunteers who care for them, with:
- Vastly improved living conditions that prioritize natural light, good ventilation, noise reduction, and access to outdoor space.
- Vital health care resources for animals, including a much-needed veterinarian examination and surgical suite.
- More space—over 62,000 square feet, more than double the size of the existing shelter.
- A food pantry to help people in need keep their pets at home and collaborative spaces to work with other partner agencies.
- A dog park that’s open to the public.
It’s the shelter Indy’s animals—and citizens—deserve. We’re so close to reaching our goal.
Now we need your help to complete The Journey Home.
The Journey Home Ends Here
Please consider making a generous gift to The Journey Home capital campaign to help the amazing new IACS shelter become a reality. When you do, you’ll be in great company—including our Chairdog Drake Irsay, his best friend Jim, and the Indianapolis Colts, who have pledged $1 million to our campaign!
Won’t you help? The time is now. The end is in sight. Together, we can make the last leg of The Journey Home a happy one for Indy’s animals and everyone who cares for them.
Just a Few of Our Supporters
- The Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust
- Lilly Endowment Inc.
- The Indianapolis Colts
- The M.O.R.E fund
- The Allen Whitehill Clowes Charitable Foundation
- The Herb Simon Family Foundation
- Brittany and James Cook
- The Efroymson Family Fund
- The Nicholas H. Noyes Jr. Memorial Foundation
- The Bookwalter Family